Are you still puzzled about why your targeted audience is not engaging with your website despite all the hard work you have put in? Perhaps it is time for you to look into your website’s User Experience (UX) design. Read on!
What is User Experience?
There is a great chance that you have heard the word UX. You may have heard about the vital role it plays in keeping you one step ahead of your competition. No doubt, investing in UX is necessary. The problem arises when you invest in it without knowing what it means and how it can help your business.
The definition of User Experience, as outlined by the International Organization for Standardization, is a “person’s perceptions and responses resulting from the use and/or anticipated use of a product, system or service.” Simply put, UX is the user’s experience while using your company’s website.
Why is UX important?
UX plays a key role in delivering a certain experience to the user that helps increase the level of satisfaction while using a website or software. A good UX is highly engaging, appealing, and helps take the user on a smooth journey.
It is important to understand that there is much more to UX design than merely creating a few Call To Action (CTA) buttons and a fancy layout. Your website or software’s UX shall take your user on a frictionless journey, from the landing page to the final conversion page.
Common Mistakes In Your UX That May Be Putting Off Your Users
- Not Paying Attention to Content – If you have read enough Digital Marketing blogs, you know that content is king, and will continue to be in the foreseeable future. Content has been growing consistently in terms of its importance. Ensure that your website has high-quality content that is filled with authentic and credible keywords. Revise old content to keep it fresh and relevant, make no grammatical and spelling errors, and guide users through the sales funnel with the help of your content.
- Unnecessary Carousels – There is no denying the fact that carousels are widely popular. However, when one comes to think of its importance, very few points come to mind. They do not add any real value to your website. On the other hand, they take away control from the user as the images get changed automatically. They also act as a huge distraction from the other valuable content. If your UX is filled with carousels, there may be time to change that.
- Not Taking All Devices Into Consideration – Your users use multiple devices to view your website or software. One of the biggest mistakes that you can make is to not create a responsive site. Having a responsive UX design is not a trend but an essential aspect. Responsive UX allows your website to quickly adapt and change according to the device used.
- Falling Prey To Too Many Trends – Here is the thing about trends – they come and go. Just when you think that you have finally conquered UX, a new trend will make you rethink your strategy. As an aware owner of a website, you need to realise that following each and every trend is not mandatory. Your users too, are bound to get overwhelmed with so many changes and updates. Analyse each trend, weigh the risk vs the reward, and make an informed decision.
- Passing The Design Task To Just Anybody – Placing your website in the wrong hands is perhaps one of the most disastrous mistakes that you can make. An inexperienced website designer can easily hurt your brand’s reputation with poor UX. Hire a professional from the very beginning and give yourself, as well as your users, a smooth UX journey.
Adaan Digital Solutions has the credibility and experience to make your website’s UX stand out. We understand that your website is too essential of a tool to compromise on quality. Our website design experts create a clean layout for your site with stunning visuals and authentic content. Get in touch with us today!